Skip to main content

Supremacy battle: I’ve proof I’m custodian of Yoruba race — Oba Akinruntan

Supremacy battle: I've proof I’m custodian of Yoruba race — Oba Akinruntan
Oba Akinruntan

THE Olugbo of Ugbolan d, Oba Frederick Akinrutan, yesterday, renewed his position that he is the number one monarch in the South-West region, as he says the issue of supremacy has been settled in his favour.

Speaking with Vanguard, Akinrutan said the dust raised among the Obas in the South-West concerning who is supreme settled?

The monarch said: “I would have loved not to talk about this matter in a forum such as this. But because you are curious, I will say a few words. There has never been any dust raised on account of who is supreme among the Obas in the South-West. What you have been witnessing is a drama badly rehearsed and badly staged. “I say this because all the historical facts available in the local and international archives are clear on the issue of who is supreme.

“My style has never been that of noise making. I draw my inspiration and confidence from the numerous historical books that support my position as the custodian of the Yoruba race. None of these books was written by me. The books were written by local and international scholars who have no pecuniary benefits in the matter.

“In fact, a good number of books were written long before I became king. I challenge anyone who has contrary facts to the position of Olugbo of Ugboland on this issue to come forward. I wish to tell you that all the manipulators in this matter know the truth but are adamant not to embrace it because it suits their political and economic ambitions. I would like to see how far those manipulators of history can go.”

READ ALSO: Supreme Court affirms Ifeanyi Ubah’s election

On his condolence message to the President on the demise of his Chief of Staff, Malam Abba Kyari, which was elaborate, he said:

“I have always been an admirer of someone who is dedicated, conscientious, patriotic and loyal in the discharge of his duties and to the cause of his master. This is the story of Mallam Abba Kyari. One needs to have a disloyal and undependable partner to appreciate the worth of the man Mallam Abba Kyari.

What you described as elaborate is a celebration of the uncommon hard work and trust that Kyari brought to the administration of President Buhari. I beseech  Almighty Allah to grant the deceased aljannah firdaus and grant the President, government of Nigeria and the deceased’s family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.”

Vanguard

The post Supremacy battle: I’ve proof I’m custodian of Yoruba race — Oba Akinruntan appeared first on Vanguard News.


by Nwafor via Vanguard News https://ift.tt/2ZWudqw Best Known Member of the Cabinet Wikipedia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10-kilometre walk in rememberance of Bruce Mayrock (1949 – 1969)

By Chike Anyaonu I got to know about this name, Bruce Mayrock, some four years ago through Barrister CHUDI Ofodile’s book titled The Politics of Biafra: and The Future Of Nigeria and published by Safari Books Limited, Ibadan in 2016. Ever since then, I have been trying to dig deeper and deeper into the archives to learn more about this young altruistic, dynamic and benevolent personality. An enigma of sorts, for that matter. Ofodile had, in chapter seven of his book, cited Bruce as one of “Biafra’s non- Igbo actors”, those who participated in one way or the other to fight the cause of the ill-fated Republic of Biafra that were not of Igbo origin. One of them who is still alive today is Wole Shoyinka. Though this write up is a kind of joint tribute to all of them, Bruce Mayrock, for me, deserves a special and everlasting mention. He was not an African, but a citizen of the United States of America. So what concerned a 20-year-old university student   in America with what ...

COVID-19: Kano overtakes FCT with total confirmed cases, records 80 in 24 hours

By David Royal Kano state on Thursday overtook the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, with total confirmed cases of COVID-19 after recording 80 cases in 24 hours, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the state to 219, while Abuja has a total of 178. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Thursday, announced that 204 new cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 1932. NCDC also announced that seven more fatalities were recorded, bringing the total number of deaths to 58. The NCDC, in a tweet at about 11:50 p.m. on Thursday, said of the 204 new cases,   80 were recorded in Kano state, 45-Lagos, 12-Gombe, 9-Bauchi, 9-Sokoto, 7-Borno, 7-Edo, 6-Rivers, 6-Ogun, 4-FCT, 4-Akwa Ibom, 4-Bayelsa, 3-Kaduna, 2-Oyo, 2-Delta, 2-Nasarawa, 1-Ondo, 1-Kebbi. Thursday’s 204 new cases are the highest reported in a day since the outbreak of the pandemic in February. READ ALSO: COVID-19:...

Senate urges FG to subsidise electricity for Nigerians

Senate President Lawan The Senate on Tuesday asked the Federal Government to subsidise electricity for Nigerians in a bid to alleviate the proposed hike in electricity tariff which had been deferred to next year. Chairman Senate Committee on Power, Sen. Gabriel Suswam made the call while briefing newsmen in Abuja. NAN reports that the leadership of the National Assembly on Monday waded into the controversy on the planned hike in electricity tariff from July 1. The representatives of the Distribution Companies (DISCOs) had maintained the same ground that they would support the suspension of the planned hike only if government would bear the differences in the present tariff and what was considered as the appropriate tariff. Addressing newsmen, Suswam said “No where in the world that power is not subsidised especially in developing economies because there are genuine people, who, because of their income, are unable to pay what is called cost-reflective tariff. “Nigerians are hea...